Ca n'Abadal

Ca n'Abadal

Town: Sant Feliu de Llobregat

Location on map

This consists of a medieval tower dating from the 10th century, making it pre-Romanesque, with a square floor plan and built using irregularly-shaped stone, and an adjoining 18th-century farmhouse. The two parts are well integrated. It is said that until the 13th century, the tower was known as Gallifa Tower. All that survives of it is the ground floor and first floor of one of its walls, though it is known that it originally had five floors. This surviving wall is built of irregularly-shaped stone and on the upper floor it retains one of the original windows, approximately horseshoe arch in shape. The adjoining 18th-century building is rectangular and has a gable roof, a ground floor and a first floor with attic. On the ground floor, in the centre of the wall, is door with a round arch flanked by a window on either side.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Ca n'Albareda

Ca n'Albareda

Town: Sant Feliu de Llobregat

Location on map

This farmhouse dating from the mid-16th century stands in the Torrent del Duc, within the municipal boundaries of Sant Feliu de Llobregat. It retains its original appearance of a basilica floor plan and has a first floor, an attic and a central raised volume. The door has voussoirs arranged in a round arch, while the windows have retained their stone lintels and jambs.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Balasc

Can Balasc

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

The first reference to the surname Balasc on Collserola appears in 1562. The farmhouse was altered in 1769 according to the date inscribed on the lintel over the door. The main façade has two architecturally interesting features: a doorway with semi-circular arch made of voussoirs and a Gothic window with trefoil arch above. It is currently home to the park’s Biological Station. The building was refurbished between 1994 and 2000.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Baró

Can Baró

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Farmhouse dating from the 17th century that has been known by various names: Maset de don Francisco Taverner (1681), Maset del senyor comte de Darnius (1738) and Maset de don Benardino Taverner (1739). After 1774, the house appears as Can Baró, named after the family of tenant farmers who lived in the house from the beginning of the century. In 2007, Sant Just Desvern Town Council and the Collserola Park Consortium signed a partnership agreement to restore the farmhouse. The agricultural and forestry estate is owned by the council. The family that has worked the land for many years continues to farm here. The house has been restored in recent months.

Foto: Josep Mascaró
Can Bell

Can Bell

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Classic farmhouse, with a four-sided floor plan, ground floor, first floor and gable roof. The walls have been rendered in places but are built of alternating adobe and stone, with numerous evident repairs. The front façade features the entrance door with a stone bearing an inscription above it, as well as a finely decorated Renaissance window. Above the doorway is a stone with an inscription that reads “Domine-Bell de Mas Sanctus-Abe Maria Purisssima”, which runs around a cross carved into the stone with circles at the ends of the arms (known as a ‘cross pommée’ or ‘cross pommy’) that seems to bear the date 1525.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Bofill

Can Bofill

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Borrell

Can Borrell

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

This farmhouse is situated in the Sant Medir valley, formerly known as Vall de Gausac, just at the point where the valley opens into the El Vallès plain. In medieval times, the farmhouse was a popular stopping point due to its location on the route from Sant Cugat to Barcelona. The farmhouse we see today was built between the 17th and 18th centuries. As ramblers and others passed by this way, lunch and drinks began to be served and this proved to be so successful that the house was turned into the restaurant it is today. Farming activity still continues on the land.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Bosquets

Can Bosquets

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Farmhouse mentioned in documents for the first time in the 11th century as Mas Felidia, situated in the La Floresta area of the municipality of Sant Cugat del Vallès. The current farmhouse was built in 1880 and the adjoining chapel in 1650. It was restored and refurbished in 1992. The house is crowned by a tower and is magnificent in appearance. It is currently used for agricultural and residential purposes.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Bova

Can Bova

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Traditional farmhouse and the only example of a farmhouse with centralised floor plan that exists in the municipality of Sant Cugat del Vallès. The property consists of a main volume plus side volumes subsequently adjoined to the east façade. These side volumes are a small chapel dedicated to Our Lady of the Rosary, built in 1910.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Calopa de Dalt

Can Calopa de Dalt

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

Can Calopa is situated in the north-west of the municipality of Barcelona in an area crossed by the main road from Vallvidrera to Molins de Rei. The farmhouse retains a number of late Gothic features dating from the 14th century, some of them of great artistic interest such as the window on the first floor and the remains of the balcony lintel. The surname Calopa first appears in documents in 1662. In 2001, Barcelona City Council, which owns the building, set up the Celler de Can Calopa initiative to make wine with the Barcelona designation of origin. In 2008, a new Wine-Agricultural Centre was set up for research and social purposes.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Campmany

Can Campmany

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Large farmhouse, formerly known as Mas Botella and Mas Ferriol, well positioned on a small spur in the Torrent de Santa Creu d’Olorda. It is an old farmhouse with a basilica floor plan. It has recently been restored and now houses a restaurant.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Candeler

Can Candeler

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Farmhouse dating from 1435 formerly known as Torre Camosa and renamed Can Candeler in 1670. The complex consists of the main house and the tenant farmer’s farmhouse adjoining it at right angles to the main façade. Both buildings have a ground floor, first floor and attic. The main farmhouse has an impressive main entrance with round arch with voussoirs, while the tenant’s farmhouse has a Gothic geminate window with a slender mullion and two trefoil arches. It is currently the property of Sant Just Desvern Town Council by virtue of an agreement it reached with the owners.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Carbonell

Can Carbonell

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Typical Catalan farmhouse that dates from the 13th century. The current owner has the oldest document regarding the farmhouse, a piece of parchment written on in Latin and dated 1251. This may be the only house in Sant Just Desvern that has been passed on down the generations without changing name. It has been extended and remodelled on various occasions over the centuries. A large and extremely old nettle-tree presides over the courtyard. Very little agriculture takes place here today, as the former fields of crops have been turned over to pasture. The farmhouse is now home to a restaurant.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Castellví de Dalt

Can Castellví de Dalt

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

A closed courtyard leads into this building consisting of a number of edifices that are the result of various extensions. The main volume has a ground floor and first floor and a gable roof, the ridge of which runs perpendicular to the main façade, which faces south. This façade has the main entrance with round arch built out of stone voussoirs, above which on the first floor is a window with a stone frame. Notable features include the sundial, with the date 1571 on it, and the stone benches up against the wall. At the rear is the farmyard with a stone plaque set into the ground, bearing the inscription “Pera Campresios 1850”.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Catà

Can Catà

Town: Cerdanyola del Vallès

Location on map

Grand family seat dating from the 18th century, situated in the municipality of Cerdanyola del Vallès. It was refurbished in 1910 by P. Gil and both the interior and the façade have a Noucentista look. It has splendid gardens laid out in the classical style, designed by the architect Leopoldo Gil i Nebot.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Coll

Can Coll

A beautiful large farmhouse dating from the 16th century and subsequently refurbished and enlarged. This grand house has a chapel and other adjoining buildings but still retains its rural character. Over the course of the last 400 years, its appearance has gradually changed in accordance with the needs of the time. The complex was restored in 1992. It is currently public property and is home to the Collserola Park Environmental Education Centre. It houses a small museum specialising in the countryside and has a nearby leisure area for picnics, etc. It is situated close to Cerdanyola del Vallès and is open to the public on Sundays and public holidays from 9.30 am to 2.30 pm.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Cortès

Can Cortès

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Farmhouse with a ground floor and first floor and a Spanish-tiled gable roof, the ridge of which runs parallel to the main façade. The interior still has original features such as the wooden beams and tiled floors. The first recorded information about this farmhouse dates from 1545.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Coscoll

Can Coscoll

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

A complex consisting of a main building adjoined by the tenant’s farmhouse at the rear and a small edifice to one side given over to stabling for animals. The main building has three volumes with a ground and first floor: the central volume is crowned by a cornice and embattlements, while the two side volumes are taller and finished with a curving cornice. The first reference to this house is a document dating from the 13th century.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Domènec

Can Domènec

Town: El Papiol

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Fatjó

Can Fatjó

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

An old farmhouse dating from 1310. Originally known as Mas Reia or Mas Rella, its name changed various times prior to 1690, when it appears under its current name. These name changes were not due to changes in owners but to the fact that the property was bequeathed to heiresses. It is a large building with adjoining volumes. The main façade has an entrance door with a round arch with voussoirs, Gothic windows and a sundial. A notable feature today is the large palm tree in front of the entrance. It was refurbished throughout in the early 1990s and is now used for residential purposes.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Gelabert

Can Gelabert

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

A complex built to an irregularly shaped floor plan and consisting of various volumes. The main building has a ground and a first floor, a voussoired entrance door and two windows, one of which is a multifoil window of Gothic appearance. At the rear is the farmyard, which still has its original tiles. The first record of the Gelabert family dates from November 1379.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Jané

Can Jané

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Llevallol

Can Llevallol

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Maimó

Can Maimó

Town: El Papiol

Location on map

Family seat consisting of a complex of edifices built around a courtyard with a large entrance with a segmental arch that leads into it. The main volume consists of a ground floor, first floor and attic. The ridge of the Spanish-tiled roof runs perpendicular to the main façade. The entrance door and the openings on the first floor are framed with stone. The lintel of the central balcony bears the date 1668 and the window to the right 1602. Situated in the south-east corner and connected to the main building by a pergola is a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Mandó

Can Mandó

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Masdeu

Can Masdeu

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

The first building was constructed in the 17th century on Roman ruins and was rebuilt as a convent at the start of the 20th century. In 1906, it was converted into the Hospital de Sant Llàtzer for lepers, which closed in 1971 when a new hospital was built alongside it, though it has never received any patients. Can Masdeu is now used as a social centre, residential accommodation and community allotment. The social centre opens most Sundays for activities related to the environment, activism and self-managed projects in which a large number of people take part. The property is owned by the Hospital de Sant Pau Foundation and is managed by the Government of Catalonia, Barcelona City Council and the Archbishopric.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Monmany

Can Monmany

Town: Sant Cugat del Vallès

Location on map

Farmhouse situated at the foot of Puigmadrona in the municipality of Sant Cugat del Vallès. It was known as Mas Brunet until 1639, when it was bought by the Monmany family, which gradually purchased other properties, among them Mas Roig and Can Canyelles, and built up their estate. The family was most prosperous in the 19th century, when they were making wine, cava and oil, which they exported to France. It was during this period that Francesc Olivé i Monmany enlarged the farmhouse, adding the central clocktower, the chapel, the defensive turrets and other features of the building.

Foto: Arxiu Parc
Can Padrosa

Can Padrosa

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Farmhouse in the municipality of Sant Just Desvern documented since 1077, the date inscribed on the central voussoir of the arch over the door. It was known as Can Puig de les Basses because there were ponds and a flourmill there at one time. The building we see today dates from the early 15th century and has been known by its current name since 1509. It has Gothic windows on the first floor, a sundial on the main façade and an adjoining volume with a large arcaded gallery. The façade has been carefully restored.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Pahissa

Can Pahissa

Town: Sant Feliu de Llobregat

Location on map

Can Pahissa is an architectural complex consisting of several buildings added to the farmhouse to meet the needs of the time they were constructed. It stands on a slope up above the railway line. Today the building is in a very poor state of repair due to a fire and other incidents that have left it unfit for human habitation. In the past, the farming activity here was animal husbandry and unirrigated crops, though the gully alongside provides sufficient water for small allotments and various plants such as creepers, climbers and canes around it. There is now mainly woodland, and the present owners tend small vegetable patches and fruit trees. The farmhouse appears in documents from the 16th century, when Onofre Pahissa named the estate after himself. It remained in the same family until 1915, when Manuela Pahissa Marquet passed it to the Marquet family, the current owners. The farmhouse was formerly within the municipality of Santa Creu d’Olorda, but due to a boundary change it is now in Sant Feliu de Llobregat.

Can Planes

Can Planes

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Rabella

Can Rabella

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Ribes

Can Ribes

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

This farmhouse stands on the old road from Santa Creu d’Olorda to Molins de Rei and is first dated in 1329. The Riba family, from whom it takes its name, lived here until the early 14th century. In the 17th century, when the woman who inherited it married, the name of the farmhouse was changed and it came to be known as Ribes de les Heures. It is a two-storey building with a sundial on the façade and a stone bench. There is a large entrance courtyard where, to the right, another building stands, formerly the tenant farmer’s home and now the home of the new owners. This building has recently been restored, preserving the original style.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Roldan

Can Roldan

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Santoi

Can Santoi

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Tintorer

Can Tintorer

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Farmhouse that appears in documents from the 15th century onwards under the names Canalies de Miramat and Mas Major. Altered in 1675 by Isidre Tintorer, as indicated by the inscription on the lintel over the main window. During the 20th century, the building was remodelled on a number of occasions. It is now a restaurant and riding school

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Valldaura

Can Valldaura

Town: Cerdanyola del Vallès

Location on map

Detached building of the basilica type. The central volume consists of a ground floor, first floor and attic with tiled gable roof; the volumes to the sides have a ground and first floor and a tiled pent roof. The central door has a round arch with the date 1888 painted on it.

Foto: Alfons Raspall
Can Vila

Can Vila

Town: Sant Just Desvern

Location on map

Farmhouse documented in 1336 as Mas Moragues. According to the inscription on the entrance door, a certain Pau Bila carried out refurbishment work on the building in 1778. It is in a good state of repair and is currently used for agricultural purposes. Alongside it is a riding school.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Vilagut

Can Vilagut

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Situated in the municipality of Molins de Rei, this farmhouse is dated 1368, when it was named Raimon Ca Torra. It has been known by its current name since the 15th century. The building was refurbished in 1786 according to the inscription on the sundial on the main façade. An impressive cypress tree stands guard over the entrance to the house.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Granja Can Llevallol

Granja Can Llevallol

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

A farmhouse of medieval origin, since altered and in a good state of repair. It has an adjoining large warehouse in the Modernista style built by the architect Josep Pujol i Brull in 1910, now used for farming and industrial purposes.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Can Carlets

Can Carlets

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Torre del Bisbe

Torre del Bisbe

Town: Sant Feliu de Llobregat

Location on map

Magnificent large building in the Sant Feliu de Llobregat valley, built in all likelihood in the 12th century on the site of a defensive tower. Attic with a gallery of arches that crowns the south and west façades. In the early 13th century, it was owned by the bishop of Barcelona, Berenguer de Palou, who ceded the land for building the Monastery of Santa Margarida de Valldonzella alongside it. It is currently used for agricultural purposes.

Foto: Joan Vilamú
Vil·la Joana

Vil·la Joana

Town: Barcelona

Location on map

Building constructed in 1708 as a farmhouse and known by the name of Can Ferrer. In the farmyard stands a sculpted stone with this name, dated 1743. The building we see today was constructed by the Miralles family in the mid-19th century, when they purchased the property. The house is a large mansion with three floors with galleries at the front and back and a central tower. The main façade is symmetrical in design, with a two-storey central porch crowned by a bell gable, below which is a clock with the inscription “Quinta Juana”. At the front, there is a courtyard surrounded by a wall with two doorways that separates it from the farmyard situated on a higher level. Since 1963, it has housed the Verdaguer Museum, dedicated to the memory of the poet who died here in 1902 after a brief stay lasting just 24 days. It is owned by Barcelona City Council.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas
Torre Negra

Torre Negra

Town: Sant Cugat del vallès

Location on map

Medieval fortification, the feudal seat of the Quadra de Vilanova estate, situated at the mouth of the Vall de Gausac. Its origins date back to the 12th century and the Ricardi castle, constructed in the time of Abbot Ermengol, and it seems it was rebuilt between the 14th and 15th centuries.

Foto: Pere Fàbregas

Can Castellví

Town: Molins de Rei

Location on map

Map